What is the Caribbean Drum Circle?
A fully interactive workshop for kids and adults that is both fun and educational. Teaching team building through collaboration and cooperation while focusing on self-expression, and cultural diversity.
A Closer Look at the Instruments…
We Introduce workshop participants to design, development, and cultural significance of the steel drum. Through call and response, singing rhythms, and playing percussion instruments, participants will enjoy jamming in a calypso band!
🎶BRING THE SOUNDS OF THE CARIBBEAN TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY, SCHOOL, CHURCH, COMMUNITY EVENT, OR PARTY🎶
📚 FULL 2019 LOCAL LIBRARY SCHEDULE COMING SOON 📚
More About the Program
Grades 1-6 / High School / Adult Students
- Explore music through interactive experiences using percussion instruments (shakers, cowbells, drums, steel drums), call and response, geometric shapes, and movement.
- Learn about historical figures from the Caribbean/steel drum art form.
- Practice playing with proper hand and stick techniques and learn the basic rhythms of a steel band engine room.
- Create and perform your own original rhythmical music compositions.
- The final class will give students an opportunity to perform a mini-concert!